Tuesday, February 3, 2009

writer's block

I have the day off from work. I should be getting alot done, right? I woke up this AM @ 5 so tired and achy, and I was burning up. And where was Gary? Sitting in the bathroom reading a book, when he could have been getting himself ready for work. I slowly walked down the stairs, all the time trying to fight the uncontrollable urge of "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now". There are several times I wish Gary wouldn't make the bathroom his "private reading room". I was in the kitchen trying to put together his lunch and all the time wondering why I was still so hot and not feeling good. Then it hit me "I'm probably having a site reaction". Gary felt my forehead and he said I did feel a little warm. I even walked out to the car @ 5:30 to find the missing Wal-Mart sack in my robe. That's how hot I was-and that still didn't cool me off. Gary was kind of sluggish himself. He went to sleep @ 9:30-10pm last night, so I thought he'd have enough sleep. But he told me that he woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. He hates having nights like that. I would too, knowing I had to work a 10 hour day, then have class also that night. I know I come home tired from work some nights-but he has it more rough than I do. His job is much more physical, and also very tiring mentally. Working in an environment such as he does, and having the knowledge from the classes depending on when you get your next raise (if you pass your class). You have to remember so much and a wrong wire placement of calculation could cause serious injury. I think he's having his make-up test sometime soon. And after this he'll be getting his next raise.
I had my first evaluation at work....on my paper it said I had great customer service and I took pride in my work, and was friendly and willing to help others. Then it said I needed to be more aware of my area, and I needed to learn how to use the "ordering machine", and other stuff. My comment that I wrote on the paper was "working the shift I do, it is hard at times to be more aware of my area and do the things you say because I am never scheduled to open, never scheduled to close, and if someone will train me how to do these things I can feel more confident and equipped in my job." If they want me to know this....they'd better show me how and let me have hands on training. My department manager is so flighty, and she's in her early twenties, and she'd rather be "friends with the people that are under her", and not act like the "manager" they are paying her to be. Se always talks about how she has so much stuff to do, and not enough time to do it, and etc. If she would learn how to delegate and if she sees that other people are standing around and not paying attention & talking to each other, get them busy doing something instead of her jumping up to wait on a customer when one comes up. I tis so backwards there. I was doing some shopping there on Monday after my Dr. appt, and I was talking to some other employees. One commented on how she worked in the deli before also and she didn't like ther person it made her. It really stressed her out, and she was rude to customers. Another co-worker said he'd heard alot of people say they didn't like being in that dept. either and he wondered if most of the blame was solely the dept. managers fault & the way she ran her area. Whatever the reason....I know it's a bad job if you hate going to it everyday amd you really want to be trained for another dept. I guess I'd better be thankful, a job is better than no job. If I am understanding Gary correctly he made a comment one night that this new job he's on will be lasting till May or June. Hopefully by that time they economy will be for the better and he can slide right into another job when this one is over.
I guess I'd better start working on the story for the Chronicle's bridal supplement again. I have a great opening, a good ending, I am starting to write the middle and I am stuck on this one part. If my sisterneeds this befor etoo late tonight, I'd better get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment