Friday, February 27, 2009

contemplating on the future

I haven't blogged in the last few days, just tired from work and all...I had a mandatory deli meeting at work on Monday....just as I figured nothing much accomplished in that...meeting was run by a "non-people person manager; Cynthia". More or less it was be more professional, don't call in so much, follow procedures better. I think part of it has to do with the way "Ember" runs the deli....she's kind of a pushover and other associates take advantage of that. I came into work Thursday and things were running almost perfect....then the night shift came in....a.k.a. "Betty & Ron"..... Ron doesn't want to do anymore work than he has to, and Betty is not the kind of person to be serving the public. I had another co-worker talking to me in the breakroom about how he didn't think Betty should be serving the public at any place because of her attitude, but we as "indians" have no control over that, only "chiefs" have that powe. I have also had other co-workers say to me as I'm waiting on them...."how can you stand to work with the people back here?" "You are so nice compared to them.....I like it when you work....you're my favorite person over here.....etc. I just hope the job situation improves for me, either being moved to anothwer dept. or a new job. I don't think any of those things are going to happen soon. With the way the economy is and how Wal-Mart works.....
Anyway on to more important things. I had some bloodwork done, turns out I am slightly anemic. I was just told to start taking a multi-vitamin. My cholesterol was good, big suprise there! Then later that day I had an at home visit with my "Rebif" nurse. I was telling her about how I'd been having all these dizzy spells and feelings of light headedness, and spacing out sometimes. She commented that either I needed to change my medication for my MS, or reduce the amount that I'm taking now, or cut back from work. She faxed her paperwork to Dr. Efobi's office and I origionally had an appt. scheduled for March the 11th.
I went to see Dr. Bishop today, and he made me an appt. with Dr. Efobi for this coming Monday. And he also gave me a slip that stated no driving until I see Dr. Efobi on that day. My first thought was "what about work?" I have to work Sat & Sun. I guess Gary will have to drive me....I can drive fine, I just have those sudden feelings come on, and as soon as the come they seem to go. I was driving home from work last night and I was passing the Taco Bell and I had one come over me. (I had one just now as I was typeing that last sentance.) I don't know what Dr. Efobi will tell me. I guess the worst senario will be I'll have to be off work for a while. And that will make me more nervous, because we won't have that much $$ coming in to pay the bills.
I had another visit with Dr. Frankfather(foot Dr.). He wants me in a more ridged brace that what I have now. One that is custom made for my foot and ankle. He said it takes about a month to get it in, it's called an "Arizona Brace". There's no telling how much this thing will be, and how much the insurance won't cover.... He told me that I had a "coalition" in one of the joints in my ankle and that in turn created "a domino effect" for the other two joints in my heel and ankle and that in turn developed and " arthritic condition".( my joints have fused together where they shouldn't be...and I have alimited range of motion in that foot.) That doesn't mean I have arthritis.....just the condition he said. So after I get fitted for this brace we'll see how that goes and if we have to go to surgery to fix this problem? I'll be on crutches and no weight on that foot for 3 months! There's no way I could work in the deli....and how would I be able to manage the stairs in our apartment? I'd have to find a way I guess.
I turned in my "time adjustment" sheets to request the weekend off for my sisters bridal tea. I gave them to Cynthia after we finished the deli meeting this past Monday. lets just hope she remembers to schedule me off those days. I had another day all ready requested off for a Dr. appt, and I was scheduled for that day anyway....My appt's at 9:30 that morning but I don't have to be in for work that afternoon until 3pm. Not really at time conflict, but I am also scheduled to work till 11pm that night before. I'll have to really push myself to get out of bed and get going that morning. I'm not going to say anything about that, but I do need to know if I'm going to be able to get that weekend off for sure. I'd be really mad if I was "conveniently scheduled", then my sister would be mad, because it's supposed to be her day! And there's no way i'd miss my own sister's bridal tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment