Wednesday, February 4, 2009

baby it's cold outside....

I had a visit with Dr. Efobi this morning. This visit was for the weakness in my left arm. She said everything seemed fine. And the reason I was having the weakness was that I was just becoming aware of it more. She said when she saw me in the hospital she did notice that my left side was noticeably weaker as compared to my right. I guess in laymans terms that means that my arm is trying to hard to compensate for the weakness and thats where i am getting the pain from. I just have to remember to try not to over use/ put to much strain on that arm. She also checked my testing from StoneCrest and she saw no restrictions on driving, but I would need to be tested again @3-6 months. I'm not sure if this means going back to StoneCrest for this test, or I'd actually have to go to a DMV center...anyway I don't have to worry about that now. She also made me an appointment to have blood drawn on the 24th. At my last visit with DR. Bishop(primary care dr.) he did draw blood but that was for checking cholesterol and all that kind of stuff. On that certain day the only thing they found was I was very minimal Anemic. And wanted me to start takeing a multi-vitamin. Dr. Efobi said that my cholesterol results were perfect. She wants to have this blood drawn on the 24th to check my platelets & liver functions. (when I am taking the Rebif for my MS periodic blood tests are recomended for anyone taking an interferon medication) She asked me how I was doing personally with doing the injections and etc., I told her I was doing the injections on my arms now and they hurt so much going in. I have a few red spots were Gary has been doing the injections and I also have a small bruise on one injection site. She commented that in a persons arms there's not that much fat as compared to the stomach or a thigh injection; that's mainly the reason why I am experiencing so much pain when the needle goes in. Any way, I have another visit with her on May 6th. When I saw what date the only thing that struck me was "Jennifer's wedding is that weekend before". So when it comes time to request the weekend off for Jennifer's wedding, I have to make sure I have a seperate sheet made out for the 6th also.
I also had my first mammogram on this past Monday. The technician got all the "X-rays" she needed, and told me that the findings would be sent to Dr. Pereles office and they would only contact me if something abnormal was found. The girl behind the desk was asking me the usual health questions and verifying information before I went back. And when I mentioned that I was recently diagnosed with MS, she commented that a friend of hers also has it. And when she lived out of state, no Dr. there was able to diagnose her properly. They told her she had other things, and one even told her it was all in her head. It took her coming to Tennessee, to be diagnosed properly.
Anyway I gotta see what I can make for supper tonight, and cook some other stuff to have on hand so Gary won't have to order pizza or get fast food to eat on the nights that he's home alone and I'm at work. He's still on the medication for being diabetic, cholesterol, and now the Dr. at the VA has got him on blood pressure medication as well. He was told that his A1-C levels were high and if he didn't get them down, he'd have to start taking insulin injections.
Gary also got some good news in the mail yesterday also. He has been approved for his disability checks from that time he was in the ARMY and had the heat stroke and developed diabaties and all the other health complications from it. I'll have to read all the paperwork again, but from what I can figure out, they will send a lump sum from the time he first applied up till now and then after that a monthly check, The letter also stated that all checks will be deposited directly into our account at the bank. So I'll have to be checking the on-line statement every few days to see when the money is there, and when to expect future deposits from there on out.
He's working at a TVA in Columbia now-working on subcontractors. Working 4 10 hour days, and he told me that they will be having routine maitenence checks with power shutdowns in the near future so this will mean overtime.
I still have an appt. with Dr. Derr in Franklin on the 25th (bone and joint clinic), and another visit with Dr. Bishop on the 27th of this month, plus another at home visit with my Rebif nurse "Denise" on the 24th. I'll klet you know how all those turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment