Monday, February 23, 2009

i'm sick with what I don't know....

I came home from work on Sunday afternoon sick. I had woken up that morning and Gary asked me are " you all right?" I said "I've felt better", but I knew we needed the money, so I got up and started the day. I got to work and the same old stuff was going on. I had the same feelings of "nobody else is working here but me..." Two of the younger associates that worked in my department were off in their little corner talking and there I was cooking and waiting on customers at the case. How I wished that place were more organized and professional. I still wasn't feeling very good and after what seemed like an eternity, my break time arrived. I went to the restroom and all I felt like was crawling under the covers and going to sleep...that is if I had any. My throat was still scratchy and I had been downing Halls "fruit breezers" like they were candy. For the past few days I had been congested also and I assumed it was just my sinuses draining or allergy related because I always seem to have a runny nose. (Always runs from my right nostril! I can't explain it.)
But when I started getting changes in my voice, I started to wonder if there was something more to this. I would be talking to customers and my voice would get scratchy and I'd wished I had some cold water to drink. I was texting Gary and I was telling him that I still wasn't feeling good. And he said it was my choice if I thought I needed to come home. I knew how much I needed to work but home was sounding better and better by the minute. I went to the mgrs. office and there was Cynthia(co-mgr.) and my dept manager, Ember; discussing the upcoming Deli Associates meeting that was coming up on Monday. Ember said she had noticed that I wasn't my usual self and said that my voice had been going in and out. So there was no question to Cynthia that I didn't need to be working back there and she told me to go home and get better. i have the next 3 days off from work. But I can't lay up in bed all that time. On Monday I have to be out for that "Deli meeting", then I have to do some shopping at Wal-Mart anyway. Then on Tuesday-I have to have bloodwork drawn at Dr, Efobi's office that morning, then later that afternoon my MS nurse is coming by for another visit/check-up, also I need to ask her about why I have been having these light headed feeling all the time.
Then on Wednesday, I have another follow-up with Dr. Derr in Franklin at the Bone and Joint Clinic. I am not looking forward to the drive to Franklin all by myself. I went to see Dr. Frankfather at Southern Hills (via Dr. bishop's office) and he told me that I had some coalitions in the joints in my ankle and heel. And he wanted to fit me in a more sturdy brace and see what happens from there on out. he gave me some medication to reduce the swelling and wanted to see me again for another follow-up. He said surgery would be the last resort, but if that had to happen....I'd be on crutches for the whole time and would have to be off work for @ 3 months and couldn't put any weight on that foot. So we will wait and see what happens. Also during our visit we discussed about coming solely to him for my check-ups because most of my Dr.s were all ready in Southern Hills and I didn't see why I would have to make a special trip just to see Dr. Derr. Also I have heard many wonderful things about Dr. Frankfather from gary and several other of my co-workers. I let everybody know what happens later.
Then I have another visit with Dr. bishop on this coming Friday. I'm not sure what will all be discussed at this visit, but i am going to ask him if I have just a cold or something else. Because of my scratchy throat, runny nose and sometimes I cough up mucus as well. There has been talk of Strep Throat, some kind of virus going around, "good weather for pneumonia" others say......what ever it is I have I'll get it worse because of me having MS...my immune sysytem is less resistantant to infections.
I'll have more to write after I have this "deli" meeting I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment