Wednesday, January 14, 2009

my MS injection

Gary did my Rebif injection tonight. I was reviewing him on how to do my needle, and I was kinda mad because he kept watching the TV instead of paying attention to me. It was kind of weird for me as well. Because tonight I was on a new "site" on my body. Either the top of my butt or on the bottom of my arm. Both are difficult places to get unless you have someone helping you. I had a small drop of blood after he pulled the needle out. And he put a bandage on, and when he started to massage the site--it hurt. He must have been doing it too hard with his hand, or he was doing it with his wrist. I told him he'll have to help me watch for any "site-reactions" within the next few days. There is still a very faint spot on my stomach where that bruise came up. my left arm is still slightly weak. But not as bad as it was before. I'm still planning to "baby" it. Tomorrow I have to be at work, I had 3 days off in a row. Seems like they went by so quick.....and when Gary is off on the weekend....I'm going to be at work. Tomorrow will be so cold as well....the high is only going to be low 20's. It seems like forever until the next weekend. I had requested that weekend off because I was trying to make our reservations for an MS meeting in Brentwood. I have called several times and no one has returned my call. I thought "oh well, I'll just have a relaxing weekend at home for a change...." Then yesterday Gary tells me of this place near his jobsite in Smyrna. It's one of those "mystery murder" places. He went there after work today and they didn't have any openings for Saturday night(24th), but there were several places still open on Friday. We couldn't do Friday, I'll still be at work. So we are on the top of the waiting list for Saturday in case there are any cancellations. Not sure what will happen, but I guess if we haven't heard anything by 3pm-4:30pm at the latest...we won't be going. Maybe we'll get to go, maybe we won't......

No comments:

Post a Comment