Thursday, June 25, 2009

back to work!!!!

Was sleeping so soundly until Gary came upstairs and woke me up to tell me Wal-Mart called... I got called in to work today. Hoping to have a day off to rest but I thought "we need the money". So called "Yolanda" back and told her I would come in. I'm just wondering what is going on because the sign by the time clock is still posted saying "please do not advice customers we have jobs-we don't". Then every other couple of days you see a new orientation group having a tour of the store. And other people start talking about hours getting cut.....then today I get called into work?? (You'd think everyone would be wanting to work all they could given the state of the economy now. ) Something smells rotten in Denmark....Or they could just be trying to weed out certain associates in other departments because of their poor job performance? Instead of just right out firing them?
Anyway....Gary stops by from his way back from LaVergne. He took some scrap copper up there to sell. He stops by and tells me he's got some news.....he says "I won't be getting my unemployment check's anymore" He said it with such a straight face to, so I am thinking Oh God, what's going to happen now.....banked hours for our insurance is almost running out, I am not working full time, the cost of my medicine and Dr. visits. etc... he then tells me that he got a call from the Union Hall about a job that he will be going to on Monday. Not sure where it's at yet, or what shifts/days he'll be working. He'll be getting a call from the girl at the Union hall in the AM with the results of his standard drug test from "Concentra", then he'll get his referral paperwork, and then off to the contractors business and then he'll find out where the job is and what hours and etc. I hope this one lasts for a while.....he was out of work for over a month and going stir crazy here at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment