Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"everyone knows it's windy...."

Now for those of you readers who know the song I am referring to, and the group that sings it; either you are as old as i am or you just like listening to "oldies music". LOL I guess the cold front the weathermen was talking about is moving in. I did seem sunny outside earlier today. Now when I look out the window, the trees are just "dancing in the breeze". "They're just a swangin' , swingin'...sorry for the bad pun there.
I got a letter from the Southern Hills imaging center with the results of my mammogram. I am cancer free. Like there was any doubt. But as you get older you have to get your boobies squashed every year. I was thinking about going to the zoo today. Being it's my last day off from work. But I didn't make it. I woke up this AM to Gary walking around in the bedroom, frantically searching for what I don't know. It was almost @5:45, and I felt bad because I had over slept and I didn't wake up early enough to make his breakfast and lunch. I stumbled to the closet for my robe and he says I was just about to make that..go back to sleep.....you were sleeping so hard I didn't want to wake you. I ask, did my alarm go off? He said yes, but I laid there asleep and it was ringing for about 15 minutes or more, that he just decided to shut it off and let me sleep in today. He said I must need sleep, because he didn't expect me to sleep right through the alarm.
After a nano second of thought, I jumped back into bed and tried to settle back down while I could hear him walking around. Then next thing I know I was woken up by his cell phone ( in the floor) ringing. It was "Hollywood". The two of them have been carpooling together since they are on the same job site. The time was 6:10am, so I guess he was calling up to see where he was at, since it was Gary's turn to drive today. Gary will be lost without the cell phone.
Then I woke up later @9:30 am and went downstairs to see if Gary had actually packed a lunch "all by himself". "Good boy---yes he's such a good boy" I trained him well. I'm not sure what he actually packed in that lunch.....but his lunch cooler was gone and so were the "blue ice" squares he uses in the bottom to keep things cool.
Yesterday was such a gorgeous day outside. But where was I spending it? Waiting on the cable guys to come. They finally came after 3pm. And after no more than 10-15 minutes work....out cable was back where it should be. Apparently our box was drawing too much power and we had some old wires on the back. If Gary had been there he would have understand more of what they were saying....using electricains terms and all. Then after they left it was fine. Later that night I got a phone call from my dear sweet sister. I shut off the TV to talk to her and when I turned it back on....no signal! I was pissed! Then next thing I know the TV was begining to turn itself off automatically @ every 10-15 minutes. I was missing American Idol!!!!!!!!! And where was Gary? Upstairs visiting the throne room....for what seemed like for hours on end while I fumed downstairs pissed about the TV situation. When he finally came down he calls the cable company, and it turns out the dude that came out set the tv on another channel for the cable service while he was there. So when the tv gets turned on it shows channel 3 on the tv itself but you have to change it to "video 2" to watch the program. Weird. All I want to do is now get my VCR/DVR machine hooked up so I can record from the cable on to a disk. I still haven't got that set up right. I miss that. Having to sit downstairs and watch "Star Trek TNG" or some other program(movie rerun) that G likes, that i can't stand or it comes on at the same time one of my programs comes on. It gets really agravating. And since we live in an apartment, we can't get another cable hook-up unless we are living in a house.
"It's raining again, I know it's raining again. tonight I'm losing a friend"; another musical interlude there. Just to let you know what the weather is doing now. Jennifer also sent me two caut video's of Tosh growling at the TV. She hates seeing other dogs on the TV and also can't stand it when Jen & Jas play with the characters on the Wii. It's just so funny to watch her.
The last time I was at work, Ember made a comment that she was going to see if Courtney/Cynthia would schedule me for a afternoon/night shift in the kitchen to learn how to close. We were there on Sunday and she was wanting me to put a piece back up on the fryer. And then just left. I had no clue what to do.....then she realized after she came back that I had probably never been trained how to do anything with the fryers. She just assumes I know more than I actually do and then goes off to do whatever.....not very good manangering skills there. And I was left standing there feeling like an idiot & I have to ask for help from another person, then they actually do it for me. Just doing it for me-isn't how I learn. I have to do it myself until I am comfortable with it. So we'll see what the schedule hold for me the next time a week's worth gets posted. I still feel like I don't fit in back there. Everyone mostly is of the 20-something persuasion. And all the "older" employees I get to only work with for 2-3 hours then next thing I know...it's time for me to go. And it's the same old story....morning shift talks about the night shift and vise versa. So much drama! There are sometimes I really miss the small town life. Everyone isn't so cold to each of your co-workers.
I keep checking our bank account on-line, Gary's back disability pay hasn't been depsoited yet. I feel like a kid at Christmas time. Not sure how much it will be, but it will be $$$ well appreciated. I guess i'd better get busy around here. Got clothes to put away, dishes to do, and other stuff around the house to clean up. Plus I keep watching the mail for Gary's new blood sugar monitor. His old one "died" and he had to call their 1-800 number to see what the problem was and they are sending him a new one via US mail/Fed-EX. We assumed it would be here all ready. but it hasn't arrived yet. Life goes on....... write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment